|Color:||Brown-green, sometimes blue|
|Interests:||Eating at the Krusty Krab|
Fred Rechid is a cameo character, usually seen in the backgrounds of many episodes. His catchphrase is "My leg!", usually heard during scenes of chaos, and his friend's name is Tom. He usually wears brown pants with a black belt with a gold buckle and is a green skinned fish. In the episode Jellyfish Hunter, Fred sings a song about the delicious "jelly patty" called "Hey All You People".
Fred is seen in quite a few episodes as a backup character or a person in the crowd who talks or is in an angry mob (seen in a few episodes). His name was revealed in the episode Patty Hype. He is voiced by Doug Lawrence. Fred first appeared in the episode Reef Blower. He is usually the most closest to Nancy in cameo-places where there's a lot of important fish. A running gag is that he gets injured many times and yells "My Leg!"
In the episode Plankton!, he was blue colored. Fred also has many look-alikes in the episodes The Paper, The Chaperone, and others. At the Kelp Shake restaurant, he was annoyed by Mr. Krab's fake sneezing and saliva spitting. It is revealed that in the episode Band Geeks, he probably died or was seriously injured and Nancy was affected by this. He is also very eyeshot by King Neptune's very hot baldness in the Krusty Krab 2 in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
In the episode Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture, it is revealed that he is a fan of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
Fred may be a wealthy fish because he is one of Squilliam Fancyson's friends, and he auctioned Mr. Krabs for $1,000,000 for the Soda-Drinking Hat. Fred also appeared in the episode Party Pooper Pants at SpongeBob's party.
- Fred worked as a janitor at Shady Shoals, the resting home of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
- In the episode Bossy Boots, when he drives past Squidward and asks him if he knows any places where he can get something to eat, Fred has an "elderly-sounding" voice even though he actually seems fairly young.
- In the episode No Nose Knows, he was voiced by Dean Kovanda.
- In the episode Penny Foolish, it is revealed he does not know what a flipbook is (this could have just been a joke on the writer's part, however).
- In some episodes, usually in the newer episodes, he is blue.
- In the episode The Sponge Who Could Fly, he is purple.
- In the episode The Chaperone, there are a bunch of Freds.
- In the episode Party Pooper Pants, it was revealed that Fred went to kindergarten with SpongeBob.
- Fred is known to be the person who screams out, "My Leg!" when he is hurt.
- Fred bought all of SpongeBob's belongings, including his house, in order for SpongeBob's purchase of Le Spatula, a replacement for Spat in the episode All that Glitters.
- In the episode Something Smells, he yells "My Leg!" when the band get hit with the smell; hinting he might be in a band/parade.
- Many animations have "generic" character models, used to easily put unimportant characters into situations requiring more bodies. This may be the case with some of the miscolored Freds, although Fred is a partialy developed character as well.
- Fred works as the Camera Man for the Bikini Bottom News Station.
- Fred was one of two flag twirlers in the episode Band Geeks.He and the other flag twirler died when they span their flags so fast they were lifted off the ground and crashed into a blimp. However, he is later seen wrestling with Sandy Cheeks and blowing a trumpet fanfare with several others at the beginning of the "Sweet Victory" song sequence.
- In the episode No Nose Knows Fred speaks in a girly voice
- The scene from Arrgh! where Fred says "Rev up those fryers, cause I am sure hungry for one.." before being thrown out by Mr. Krabs has received Internet popularity.
- "Well I guess I won't be eating those" - No Nose Knows
- "Who's SpongeBob SquarePants" - Party Pooper Pants
- "My Leg" - Mostly every episode he's hurt
- "My Eyes" - The Movie
- "Rev up those fryers, cause i am sure hungry for one... help, HELP! MY LEG!" - Arrgh!
- "Tom" - Patty Hype
- "How about a mint"- Hooky