|Larry the Lobster|
|Address:||Bikini Bottom, 457 Life Drive|
|First Appearence:||Ripped Pants|
|Voiced by:||Doug Lawrence|
Lawrence "Larry" Lobster is a minor character in the show. He is a dark red lobster who usually hangs out at Goo Lagoon. He also works there as a lifeguard as seen on episode SpongeGuard on Duty. He may be red as a result of taking many tanning pills, or being out in the sun too long in general. He is always at Goo Lagoon and he has many friends. He is also the head of the lifesavers and is a weightlifting and swimming champion, making SpongeBob jealous in the episode Ripped Pants. Ripped Pants is also Larry the Lobster's first appearance. He is not to be confused with the snail Lary.
Larry often seems to be arrogant and kind. He is happy at times and is always proud to save the Bikini Bottom citizens from trouble in Goo Lagoon. In the episode, Party Pooper Pants he likes to party. Because of his friendly and nice attitude, Larry doesn't really have any enemies, but in the episode Bubble Buddy, The Bubble Buddy was accused of criticizing Larry and some of his friends, saying that they had 'Bubble Butts'. In the end of A Life in a Day, it seems as if SpongeBob is his new enemy. Larry's birthday is May 1973
Larry is a buff lobster who works out to get his physique good. Because of his charming looks, he attracts many female creatures. Larry is an average height because he is much taller than most of his friends, except Don the Whale who is the same size. Larry would have originally been blue because real lobsters are blue lobsters and are only red when they are cooked. He has blue Speedos and sunscreen on his nose when he is a lifeguard. In later episodes, his tail is more shown and he wears more green in his shorts. He was shrunk in the episode: Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV, thus making him even smaller then Plankton.
In the episode: SpongeGuard on Duty, it is revealed that he loves to go to the tanning salon. He also says that he loves being with the girls and being a great lifeguard. In the episode Shanghaied, it is revealed he likes to run while listening or playing to music. This is backed up because in the episode: Band Geeks he joined Squidward's band to beat Squilliam Fancyson. In some episodes, it is shown that Larry likes volleyball and is good at it too. It was revealed in A Life in a Day that Larry likes to live life to the fullest and be a daredevil but that ended after SpongeBob and Patrick got him ripped to shreds at Ripper's Reef.
Loves & FearsEdit
At times Larry can be scared like in the episodes Shanghaied, he gets scared by the Flying Dutchman. Also in SpongeBob Meets the Strangler he is very afraid to see the TattleTale Strangler. In the episode: That's No Lady, he was attracted to Patricia: Patrick in disguise... Also, in SpongeGuard on Duty, he has some dates. He loves to ride scary amusement park rides, like in Roller Cowards, where he makes SpongeBob and Patrick smell him. He also has a fear of his beachers getting ripped to shreds in Ripper's Reef, and SpongeBob and Patrick get Larry ripped to shreds in the process, in A Life in a Day. It is also very possible that he is in love with Sandy, after Ripped Pants.
- It was revealed in the episode Band Geeks, Larry almost died because his heart failed from a drug called "tanning pills" and that "some guy in an ambulance" saved him.
- Larry is the only known crustacean who is not a crab or shrimp.
- Larry is the lifeguard of Goo Lagoon, however a different lifeguard appeared in Bubble Buddy, Ripped Pants, A Life in a Day, and Sand Castles in the Sand.
- Larry has had a few appearances in the Video Games Employee of the Month, Revenge of the Flying Dutchman, The Yellow avenger, The Movie Game, Lights, Camera, Pants! (as a non-playable) and Battle for Bikini Bottom.
- In a few episodes, namely A Life in a Day and Pet or Pests, Larry does not know who SpongeBob is at all.
- It is revealed in the episode SpongeGuard on Duty that Old Man Jenkins is Larry's dad and Mable is his mom.
- He is possibly a rival to SpongeBob because in Ripped Pants, SpongeBob thinks he stole Sandy from him.
- He is very similar to the guys on Jersey Shore.