|Airdate:||June 8, 2006|
|Previous Episode:||Squeaky Boots|
|Next Episode:||Opposite Day|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
Nature Pants is an episode from Season 1.
At work, SpongeBob daydreams of living with the jellyfish. He accidentally starts a fire, and a fireman runs in and turns on the hose. SpongeBob is in the way, thus fills up with water and falls on the fire, putting it out. After Mr. Krabs scrapes SpongeBob off the grill, he asks SpongeBob why he was not concentrating, and SpongeBob explains that he wishes to live in the wild. Mr. Krabs thinks he is joking, until SpongeBob walks out. SpongeBob then gives Patrick mayonnaise, old phone books, and his special jellyfishing net, Ol' Reliable. He even takes off all his clothes.
SpongeBob tries to fit in with the jellyfish, but is continuously shocked (literally) by them. Patrick is furious at SpongeBob’s decision and tries to catch him while jellyfishing. Nothing seems to persuade SpongeBob to come home, until he is bitten by poisonous sea urchins (they appear to be the underwater equivalent of mosquitoes). He decides to come back home, and everyone welcomes him back. Then, he puts on his clothes again and everyone hugs him (Squidward is forced to). The bacteria causing the itchiness spreads, and everyone becomes itchy, except for SpongeBob.
- After SpongeBob leaves, Squidward and Sandy try to guess how much days before he comes back. Sandy guesses a week, but Squidward guesses 11 minutes. This is a reference to approximately how long an average episode is. Squidward would also make a reference to this in the episode Club SpongeBob, a fish would do the same thing in the episode Missing Identity, as well as a time card in Planet of the Jellyfish.
- When SpongeBob wakes up from his daydream, the grill is shown facing the opposite side of the window. This is the first time it is shown like this. This also happens in Your Shoe's Untied and Bummer Vacation.
- The first episode SpongeBob eats a Krabby Patty. This episode also reveals SpongeBob's favorite food is a Krabby Patty.
- The same cave SpongeBob gets bitten by sea urchins appears once again in the episode SpongeHenge where SpongeBob builds the SpongeBob Stones.
- Ol' Reliable is also seen in the episode The Pink Purloiner.
- If Sandy has an air helmet and suit, she shouldn't have been able to get itchy.
- Mr. Krabs gives SpongeBob a Krabby Patty for free.
- At the beginning of the episode, there is a fire underwater.
- After Patrick unsuccesfully tries to catch SpongeBob he breaks Ol' Reliable in half, yet in Ol' Reliable's second appearance in The Pink Purloiner, Ol' Reliable is okay.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|