|Airdate:||3 July 2008|
|Previous Episode:||Krabby Road|
|Next Episode:||Nautical Novice|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
"Penny Foolish" is an episode from Season 6.
SpongeBob finds something while Mr. Krabs is checking-out at the Discount Grocery Mart. Mr. Krabs assumes that SpongeBob found a penny. Krabs becomes obsessed with the penny and started to see pennies in every circular objects he see. He tries to steal it by asking if he has a penny, opens a theater, and tries to make him donate a penny for the "penniless." He then drives a detecting truck to SpongeBob's house. He uses a metal detector to search for it in SpongeBob's house. Soon, he runs into Gary and searches in his shell. Then SpongeBob sees what he's trying to do and says "That wasn't a penny I found! It was a chewed up ball of gum for my collection" and Gary spits at the gum. The "gum" expands and SpongeBob picks it up and says, "This won't go with my gum collection." It was actually a $500 dollar bill. He dropped it on the floor and ignored it. Outside, Mr. Krabs is digging holes, still looking for the penny.
- The clerk already scanned a few items inside Mr. Krabs' grocery basket, after she asked for the price check on one item, the next scene; the other items are inside Mr. Krabs' grocery basket again.
- Strangely, we didn't see Mr. Krabs pay for his groceries.
- SpongeBob keeps a dried up gum collection, which is similar to Gummy.
- SpongeBob gets squirted by cerebrospinal liquid by his brain. But how can the cerebrospinal liquid look like water?
- After SpongeBob says that he really doesn't have a penny to pay for the movie, he is standing in the middle of the movie theater, but on the next scene, when Mr. Krabs demolishes it, SpongeBob is standing on the side of the theater.
- In Mr. Krabs' mental replay of SpongeBob picking up the "penny," the buildings in the background are in different positions and they are different colors then when SpongeBob really picked up the "penny."
- Another mess up: If Gary's spit turned the "gum" into the dollar, and SpongeBob found it outside underwater, shouldn't it be the dollar when SpongeBob found it?
- At the end when Mr. Krabs is digging, he already saw the $500 bill, so why is he still searching for that penny?
- And also at the end, Mr. Krabs is digging holes on the sidewalk, but you can't because sidewalks are hard and you can't dig there.
- In this episode there's a $500 bill but in real life there's no $500 bill.
|← Season 5 Season 6 Season 7 →|
|114a||114b||115a||115b||116a||116b||117a||117b||118a||118b||119a||119b||120a||120b||121a||121b||122a||122b||123 + 124||125a||125b||126|