|Tea at the Treedome|
|Airdate:||May 1, 1999|
|Previous Episode:||Reef Blower|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
Tea at the Treedome is an episode from Season 1.
The episode starts out with SpongeBob jellyfishing in Jellyfish Fields. Suddenly, he spots a young squirrel wrestling with a giant clam. He takes out his field guide book and identifies her as a 'land squirrel'. SpongeBob thinks she is in trouble, and goes to wrestle the clam himself. The squirrel manages to escape the clam, but SpongeBob ends up inside of it. The squirrel then rescues SpongeBob and throws the clam out of the area. SpongeBob introduces himself and the squirrel says that her name is Sandy Cheeks. SpongeBob inquires about the helmet she wears and Sandy tells him that it is her air helmet. Not having any idea what air is, SpongeBob decides to tell her that he loves air in order to impress Sandy. Surprised that SpongeBob seems to like air, Sandy invites him to her 'Treedome' for "Texas tea" and cookies. SpongeBob quickly runs over to his best friend Patrick Star and tells him everything that happened. Patrick tells him that 'putting on airs' is fancy talk. He then tells SpongeBob if he wants to be fancy, he will have to hold his pinky finger high above him.
When SpongeBob arrives at Sandy's Treedome, he goes inside noticing that the water level drops. He panics and tells Sandy about that fact who obviously is not very surprised. She does not realize that sea creatures need water to survive. Sandy then gives him a tour of her treedome, showing him that she has an oak tree, a bird bath, and other things. During this, SpongeBob quickly sneaks over to the bird bath, which is filled with water; he now knows he needs water to breathe properly. In the meantime Patrick arrives outside the Dome and still tries to convince SpongeBob to hold his finger above him. When Sandy comes back with a water-filled vase for the flowers SpongeBob brought her, the sponge cannot longer resist, drinks the water and runs to the door trying to escape. Patrick, misinterpreting the situation, thinks that SpongeBob is just shy and enters the Treedome in order to help his friend. After a moment he realizes that there is no water leading to both desperately trying to open the door. When Sandy comes back and sees SpongeBob and Patrick lying on the grass, she helps them by giving them water-filled helmets which supplies both with enoug water. In the end, Sandy proposes a toast to new friends and they drink their tea.
Associated Production MusicEdit
- Moloka'i Nui A - Kapono Beamer (title card)
- SpongeBob Closing Theme - Steve Belfer, Nicolas Carr (opening)
- On Fire - Gregor F. Narholz (Sandy fighting clam)
- Death Trap - Gregor F. Narholz (clam attacks Sandy)
- Charge - ("Hold on, little squirrel.")
- The Adventure Begins - Jonathan Neal ("You have fought well, giant clam.")
- Wild Panic - Gregor F. Narholz ("Your shell is mine!")
- Return of the Surfin' Headhunters - The Mel-Tones ("Hold on there, little square dude.")
- Moloka'i Nui A - Kapono Beamer (Sandy introduced)
- Heroes Win - Gregor F. Narholz ("Oh, yeah? Watch this!")
- Twelfth Street Rag [original music by Sage Guyton and Jeremy Wakefield] (Sandy invites SpongeBob over)
- Cocktail Lounge - Dick Stephen Walter ("That's just fancy talk.")
- Armed Attack 1 - Mladen Franko (SpongeBob banging on Sandy's door)
- Merlin's Hill - Jennifer Jones (harp music)
- Aloha - Dick Stephen Walter ("Course there's no water.")
- Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill (Sandy giving SpongeBob a tour)
- Hippo's in my Bath - Richard Myhill ("Pinky, pinky!")
- Dead March 2 - Frederic Chopin, Alfred Kluten ("I brought you some flowers.")
- Encirclement - Jean Clero ("I gotta get out of here!")
- Merlin's Hill - Jennifer Jones ("I like you, SpongeBob.")
- Encirclement - Jean Clero (SpongeBob struggling to open door)
- Cocktail Lounge - Dick Stephen Walter ("When in doubt, pinky out.")
- Tribute to the King - Gregor F. Narholz ("I don't need water! Water's for quitters!")
- Action Cut A - Gregor F. Narholz ("I don't need it... I don't need it...")
- Kung Fu Saturdays - The Mel-Tones ("I NEED IT!")
- Dramatic Cue (h) - Ronald Hanmer (SpongeBob and Patrick dried up)
- You're Nice - [original music by Sage Guyton and Jeremy Wakefield] (ending)
- This is the first 11-minute episode of the series.
- The bowls on SpongeBob’s and Patrick's heads have the opening up, while in all subsequent episodes (except Chimps Ahoy, WhoBob WhatPants? and Squidtastic Voyage) the opening is down.
- When Sandy is filling SpongeBob and Patrick's helmets with water, she fills Patrick's first. However, you'll notice that SpongeBob is smiling with relief before Sandy fills his helmet.
- When SpongeBob says That little squirrel is in trouble, there is only two belt slices on his pants rather than four.
- In this episode, Sandy's tail is not seen when she has on her suit.
- This is the first episode in which SpongeBob wears his glasses. The second time is Jellyfishing.
- The chapter book based on the episode includes an extra scene where SpongeBob takes flowers from Squidward's garden and Squidward angrily scolds at him for it.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|